The WSUP interventions is the single point of accountability (SPA) for all Intervention well activities during the Execute phase of the Well Activity Workflow. The WSUP is accountable for leading the well site operations team in the safe execution of intervention activities for offshore Platform and Subsea Wells (including Light Well Intervention Vessel activity) as per the well plan / BOD to achieve project objectives, cost and schedule. The WSUP assures compliance with local regulations and conformance with all BP practices and procedures.
* The WSUP directly impacts safe execution of well activities through their leadership, decisions, supervision, control of work, risk management: all of which sets the safety culture throughout the operations team.
* The WSUP will serve as the primary interface with the Engineering Team Leaders for the development of robust operational plans.
The WSUP assures the health of the barriers for managing risk through managing the GWO Self Verification and Oversight process and through regular Wellsite Inspections utilizing the Leadership Field Inspection process.
* In the North Sea, for 2019, 3 intervention strings will be in operation including LWI activity.
Accountable for Wells HSE performance by demonstrating visible commitment and leadership in all HSE matters and assures delivery of the Regions HSE objectives and the GWO Safety Plan.
* Accountable for instilling a performance culture in the team and building continuous improvement into the team's deliverables -
measured by operational and HSE performance. Drives operational standardization and continuous improvement through utilization of global best practices and after-action reviews.
* Responsible for managing the wellsite operations team and assuring all Intervention operations are executed as per the well program requirements and that procedural discipline is followed at the well site.
* Demonstrates strong communication skills in apprising the Resource and Wells Leadership teams of ongoing operational and HSE performance and maintains effective communications across disciplines and Contractors.
* Responsible for providing leadership and management of BP
self-verification / oversight activity at the well site.
* Accountable for the accuracy of the data and information that is on the morning reports, particularly NPT and operational coding to assure accurate reporting of performance.
* Assure conformance with the Upstream CoW requirements and OMS during execution of well intervention operations.
* Manages well control and emergency response procedures and protocols during execution of intervention operations.
* Assures incidents are investigated, the root cause is determined and that appropriate actions are taken so that learnings are embedded in future programs to prevent a reoccurrence.
* Understands the competencies and gaps of all direct reports. Develops team members through the continuous conversation process. Holds performance reviews for team members and provide supplemental feedback for staff assigned to and imbedded in the Operations Team. Assures all direct reports have input all required information into My Profile and quality career development conversations are held.
* Responsible for managing Contractor accountability and performance while assuring their technical integrity and performance standards are consistent with delivery of the well program objectives.
Degree in a qualified engineering, science or technical discipline preferred, however relevant industry experience may be substituted.
* Experience in delivering well Intervention operations as per the SOR and performance expectations as a WSUP, Wellsite Leader or Senior Completion/Intervention Engineer; Demonstrable HSSE leadership in managing risk as part of an HSSE compliant operation without sacrificing operational efficiency; previous experience in intervention activities, experience in managing third party contractual relationships; experience in integration of engineering planning with operations execution and risk management. Experience working in multidiscipline teams with focus on GOO and Reservoir Development.
Previous experience in delivering offshore platform based well intervention and subsea well intervention operations preferred.
* Valid Well Control certification for Well Interventions
* Verified medical clearance and offshore survival certification
Texas City Texas US Permanent Competitive
Whiting Indiana US Permanent Competitive
Aberdeen Aberdeen GB Permanent Competitive
Naperville Illinois US Permanent Competitive
Chicago Illinois US Permanent Competitive