Clair has a STOIIP of ~7 bn bbl and is the largest hydrocarbon resource in the UK. Phase 1 is on production with further drilling from early 2021, Phase 2 (Ridge) achieved first oil in November 2018 and started on a 34 well drilling campaign for the next 4-5 years with options beyond that; Clair South, a third platform, is currently in the Optimise Phase in GPO.
BP recently deepened its equity in Clair from 28.6% to 45.1% reflecting the strong future that this has as an advantaged oilfield in the West of Shetlands. BP is operator with Shell, Chevron and ConocoPhillips as very active partners. The licence was recently extended (the first 44yr licence expired in March 2018) contingent on developing the third phase of Clair, Clair South. Clair will provide a significant proportion of BP's North Sea production going forward, and will also be a material proportion of overall UK production.
This role has a strong external element to it with JV influence & engagement critical to success, alongside liaison with the OGA.
Clair is a very complex field, mostly Devonian sandstone reservoirs but also Cretaceous & Jurassic reservoirs in Clair South. The Devonian reservoirs rely on natural fractures to provide productivity and good connection to the injectors, which are vital for achieving economic oil recovery. Seismic quality is improving each time we acquire a new survey with more to come. Understanding the reservoir complexity, and associated uncertainties is critical, along with mitigations & contingencies to those uncertainties. Equally, Clair development drilling is highly competitive and there is significant activity on the field going forward.
* Role model BP V&B and Leadership Expectations and demonstrated commitment to the Upstream Mindsets
* Responsible for the capability management and development of staff and a member of the North Sea RD capability forum
* Actively contribute to the region and function leadership agendaAccountable for Clair integrated subsurface team (NWD, BM, RM, Project subsurface delivery) focused on business delivery (production, resource progression, ADP)
* Owner of the Clair ADP & the underpinning depletion plans
* Leads the Clair Area Planning table, integrating the strategic plan for Clair across all disciplines - GOO, GWO, Finance, GPO
* Represents Reservoir Developments at Clair AOM tables (Ridge & Ph1)
* Accountable for LOF production Forecast, including 2yr Technical Production Forecast.
* Integrator of FM spend on wells, wellwork, seismic.
* Ownership of business plan (Main Plan & Options) for Clair Area
* Decide Rights for WIDs, SORs under NWD process
* Proposes Reserves and Resource changes within Clair Area
* Primary technical contact with OGA (Oil & Gas Authority)
* Leads the Clair TCM (RD, GWO, GOO quarterly JV forum) and key contributor to Clair UOC (OpCom)
University Degree in Engineering/Geoscience/Science/Maths
Texas City Texas US Permanent Competitive
Whiting Indiana US Permanent Competitive
Aberdeen Aberdeen GB Permanent Competitive
Naperville Illinois US Permanent Competitive
Chicago Illinois US Permanent Competitive