Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Sr Engineer, Networks -Networks Engineer (L3)
Location: Fort Gordon, GA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Network Networks Engineer will:
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Analyze user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level Network architectures to develop network requirements specifications
- Analyze Network requirements and leads network design and development activities
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporate new plans, designs and Networks into ongoing operations
- Develop Network and network architecture and Network design documentation
- Guide Network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of Network engineering management plans and Network integration and test plans
- Interact with the Government regarding Networks Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Networks Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
- Coordinate and manage engineering projects
- Act as lead in defining and executing Networks engineering activities within a project. Provide comprehensive definition of all aspects of Network development from analysis of mission needs to verification of Network performance
- Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
- Mitigate risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects
- Review and/or approve Network engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet Network needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating Network integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
- Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Computing Environment certification: CCNA, CCNP, MCSA 2012, VCP5, etc.
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or Associate's Degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of experience, or Master's Degree with 4 years of experience
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Network CCNA Security Clearance