BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
This is a key role on the Whiting Project Team (WPT) reporting to the Manager, Project Services and working with the Major Project Leader and other Project Management personnel in managing all facets of Controls and Reporting across this multi-million dollar project program. The role will be expected to integrate the project controls activities and reporting across major a EPCm contract and eventually all site construction activities. The incumbent will need to be knowledgeable and experienced in planning/scheduling, estimating, cost control, progress management and will be expected to support the project managers in challenging the contractors and identifying and managing schedule and cost risks.
The role will be primarily based in Whiting, but will require some travel to contractor offices in Houston.
- Development and implement Major Project Programs - project controls management systems.
- Provide leadership and coordination to Project Controls activities including; planning/scheduling, estimating, cost control, progress measurement, resource planning, cost and schedule risk management and cost and schedule assurance.
- Review and audit the planning and progress measurement of all contractors to ensure timely and efficient execution of the project.
- Provide BP interface for overall construction sequencing, work density analysis, and cost and schedule scenario analysis.
- Prepare and communicate routine project management reporting against established KPI's; highlighting any risks to plans, providing cash flow forecasts and analysis.
- Prepare and maintain the Budget and Forecast for the project scope and ensure understanding and commitment to it by the project teams and manage scope/trend logs.
- Initiate quantitative cost and schedule risk analysis as appropriate, ensuring risk and opportunities are identified, ranked and mitigations are in place.
- Maintain the project cost and schedule work breakdown structure and code of accounts and ensure proper interface with site accounting and project controls functions.
- Support the project team in commercial negotiations with contractors and other parties.
- Maintain and track the change management system across the project ensuring consistent application and rigor.Develop and implement Project Cost and Schedule Closeout plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Degree from a post secondary Technical School, or 15-years work equivalent work experience
- MBA or Master's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Expert knowledge of industry practices related to cost, schedule control and estimating
- 10 or more years experience in project controls function or similar supporting a client organization
- Recognised leader in a similar position on a complex project
- Self starter, who can work with little direction and will deliver a quality product consistently
- Good teamworker who can work within a matrix organization
- Understands contracting and will diagnose performance risks
- Good analytical and computer skills