Here is your opportunity to work on a major program for our client, a Northeast Utility, where we have been engaged to provide program management and owner engineering services. We have an immediate opportunity for a Substation Project Engineer with a strong focus on design, and work within a multi-discipline team to work efficiently on HV, utility scale Substaton projects.
- Prepare conceptual design of the complex projects.
- Carry out/review/analyze complex technical studies and project scopes.
- Develop and review technical specifications, drawings and standards of equipment/ projects.
- Review the design based memorandum, detailed engineering scope and guide the assigned discipline engineers to align the engineering deliverables according to project requirements.
- Work closely with peers to ensure accurate delivery and thorough electrical design that will meet industry standards and specifications, and meet good engineering practices.
- Maintain complete project documentation with respect to engineering studies and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Maintain good working relationship with internal groups that support project such as other Engineering disciplines, Drafting, Procurement, Construction and Project Management etc.
- A degree Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 10 years' experience
- Experience on MathCAD, ASPEN or ETAP software is an asset
- Experience on relay setting and coordination is a must
- Experience in the design of wiring schematics is a must
- Experience in SEL and GE relay programming is desirable
- Experience on PSCAD or EMTP software is an asset
- Knowledge of modern power system, power system protection and relay technologies
- Strong client focus, knowledge of codes and standards
- Candidate must undergo pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background investigation
- Position located at client offices with travel to the site on occasion
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Electrical Engineering, High Voltage, Substation, Transmission & Distribution, Utilities