**This position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position will perform a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer Directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic entry level administrative processes.
Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files.
- Identify records via electronic/hardcopy resources to be processed, locate records on shelves and move boxes/containers of records to/from each DCC process step.
- Prepare all document pages for scanning by removing bindings such as staples, rubber bands and paperclips.
- Separate pages from all types of bindings - 3-ring binders, GBC-type bindings, softcover, hardcover bindings, etc. Operate a paper cutter when necessary to remove bindings.
- Insert a variety of bar-coded separator and tracking sheets into each batch of records to distinguish documents and folders during the digitization process.
- Perform quality control reviews by comparing the digitized document images with the original source material to verify that all pages within the document were scanned accurately and completely. The review shall include a 100%verification of each scanned page image to ascertain image quality. Images which fail the review will be identified and marked for rescanning.
Maintain, update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets.
- Record manually or via a barcode scanner pertinent data describing archived files received for processing, including but not limited to the date of receipt, number of physical items, name of receiver, process step and container barcode/tracking number.
- Perform document/folder metadata entry in IMSO electronic databases/hardcopy files which will support the archiving of files.
- Input job/box data to support the tracking of archived files while in the DCC workflow.
- Capture and record associated document-level metadata. Examples of document metadata include title/subject, publication date, document type, classification, etc. Personnel shall enter metadata into the project specific database for each document as required. The number of metadata elements required will vary according to record type.
This position may require standing for long periods of time.
Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
3-5 years of related administrative experience.* Detail-oriented
* Ability to communicate effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
* Ability to participate productively as a contributing member in a team environment
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
* Knowledge of proper English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure to ensure that written materials prepared and reviewed are complete, succinct, and formatted correctly
Ability to physically lift and move boxes weighing up to 35 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, squat, and reach for warehoused material.Benefits of this Position:
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Onsite Gym - get your workout in before work, during your lunch break, or at the end of the day
- Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefit
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor. ABOUT:
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.