Progressive Global Energy are working with a leading oilfield service company and we're looking to recruit an experience Software Architect on a 6 month contract to direct hire basis.
This job is based in Houston TX. This is a Monday to Friday position. A detailed job description is listed below.
Under the broad direction from the Software Discipline Lead and the Chief
Architect, the Software Architect will design and architect software systems to ensure they are
aligned with business requirements. Additional responsibilities include the ability to:
- Work within a 100% technically focused role. For this position, 60% is focused on architecting applications and designing components, 20% is for building prototypes with the development team, 10% is participating in design reviews, and 10% is developing standards and best practices for technical solutions.
- Conduct forward-looking prototype projects, evaluate and recommend emerging technologies and standards
- Work closely with other architects, development team members, and project leads and project stakeholders while using your technical expertise to design software architectures for robust and sustainable products
- Help the development team to interpret and implement designs and code that follow your agreed upon architecture
- Assist the development team to remove technical impediments when the need arises
- Apply your expertise to drive leading-edge software frameworks across projectsRequirements:
- BS with preferred MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience with 5+ years architecting software
- Solid experience in either a Software Architect or Principle Software Developer role
- Microsoft desktop applications (.NET / C# / WPF)
- Experience in producing architecture and design using Visio
- Experience integrating with NoSQL databases (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience in real-time and data acquisition applications
- Solid experience in Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desktop development for scientific domains and business
- Web application development using Angular, Typescript, Node.js
- Hosting applications in Azure and using of Azure DevOps (VSTS)
- Developing data driven applications using microservices
- Deploying applications using Docker
- Experience using data binding / serialization tools such as XML, JSON, Thrift, Protocol
- Buffers, etc. for cross-language data exchange
- Experience evaluating performance and endurance of web services as well as
- troubleshooting performance bottlenecks
- Experience with message queueing and message brokers is a plus
- Understanding of Active Directory and SSO concepts
- Oilfield science and engineering application experience is a plus
If this position is something you are interested in applying for then please do not hesitate to call Kieran Quinn at Progressive Global energy on 832 900 5919 . If this position isn't for you but you know of someone who would be interested then please feel free to pass it on to colleagues or friends and associates. Please also feel free to share on any social media platforms you may have.
Progressive Global Energy
832 900 5919
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.