BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for planning and executing the build out of our Asset growth strategy, including NTI (New to Industry), Raze and Rebuilds, Retrofits, remodel programs, and Integrity Management projects (UST and fueling system replacements) within an assigned territory. Because this role manages high-risk activity, the individual must hold HSSE responsibility and apply OMS throughout the course of the project life. The Project Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of projects within the approved budget, and timely deliver a quality asset for use by Retail Operations.
- Collaborates with the RE Development Manager to provide technical support during the Appraise and Select stages of the project evaluating feasibility of project for consideration by REC (Real Estate Committee).
- Formulates construction budgets and critical path schedules for planning a project and verifying technical compliance of planned scope
- Reviews final construction documents to ensure plans are cost-optimized in keeping with the Financial Memorandum, and comply with all technical, brand, and image standards
- Ensures HSSE competence and accreditation of the contractors, monitoring HSSE at site, performing Control of Works audits, etc.
- Ensures timely delivery of projects (within the original time schedule agreed), on budget and in accordance to the original specification.
- Obtaining approval from the Engineering Authority (EA) or SME's to any design deviations from the technical standards
- Delivering the Project Execution Plan, which includes, at least, contractual structure, schedule, quality control plan (commissioning tests, handover checklist, etc.), securing all licenses and permits to operate, and closing out the project in SAP
- Supporting as required in procurement processes
- Issuing the relevant purchase requisitions following the Purchase to Pay (P2P) process, confirming goods/services received, approve invoices, and have control of invoices received and pending, costs incurred and pending
- Providing regular reporting including degree of completion, estimated date for commercial operation, cost to date and cost forecast, communicating deviations and defining action plan to mitigate them
- Review and investigate near miss reports associated with the project, communicating promptly the occurrence of any safety incident and participate in the root cause investigation, progressing any actions required then sharing lessons learned
- Handing over the project to Maintenance, after successful completion of the commissioning tests and clearance of snagging items identified during the handover visit
- Bachelor's Degree - Preference for Engineering or Construction Management related degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience within Retail or Fuels Marketing.
- Highly skilled in managing multiple projects simultaneously, working independently
- Able to define scope and create construction budgets
- Cost conscious and schedule driven
- Good communicator and disciplined in weekly reporting of progress
- API 1646 and OSHA 10-hour certified
- Able to travel 50% within territory to projects, and 10% out of town for corporate meetings