- Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2-5 years of related experience in data security administration.
- I&W Analysts perform a wide variety of duties to include developing tactics; techniques; and procedures TTPs in support of I&W
- Provides recommendations for tuning; participates in cyber threat working groups and meetings
- Performs correlation of incidents and threats, network data flow analysis, and research and analysis of external cyber threat reports
- Identifies potential compromised systems, potential targeting, develops security indicators, and prepares cyber situational reports
- Should be familiar with SIEM products such as Arcsight/Splunk/LogRhythm; Reconstruction Applications to identify trends of all enterprise security systems
- Networking knowledge (configuring/reviewing routers/firewall skills); and Malicious Code Review
- The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong work ethic
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph. Required Certifications:
Employment is contingent upon having the required certifications at start of employment and upon keeping required certifications current.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2
- One of the following: Security+ CE; GSEC, SSCP; CCNA-Security; CISA; GCIH; GCED; CISSP; or CASP CE.
- CNDSP Analyst certification:
- One of the following: CEH*, GCIA; or GCIH.
*In some circumstances; Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) training will be provided to cover the CNDSP Analyst certification requirement. If selected; certification must be obtained 30 days after training completion date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Benefits of this Position:
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor. #ISDCJ #DPOST #ZRPOST
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Information Security, Cyber Security, Security Clearance