The SAP Maintenance & Material (M&M) Master Data Analyst is responsible for maintaining the integrity of Equipment and Material master data for the BP Whiting Refinery. This involves managing data changes throughout the asset lifecycle; from design through demolition, interfacing regularly with the Maintenance, Turnaround and Projects Teams.
The SAP M&M Master Data Analyst is part of the refinery Information Management team and serves as a Subject Matter Expert for master data in SAP modules Plant Maintenance (PM) and Materials Management (MM), including relationships with other integrated end-to-end asset systems at the refinery.
- Stakeholder support including; effectively processing requests for data changes (i.e. user accounts/security, Functional Location Master, Equipment Master, Bill of Materials, Material Master, etc...) while maintaining data integrity.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for SAP applications and interrelatedness of integrated systems (i.e. SAP PM, SAP MM, SRM), providing direction to site users, stakeholders and internal/external support teams.
- Maintain master data integrity:
- Routine data verification and validation
- Identification of data anomalies
- Review with data owners
- Data cleansing
- Provide on demand data analysis and reporting to site stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to optimize work practices, increasing efficiency in a highly complex integrated environment
- Manage relationships with:
- Site process stakeholders and governance teams
- Site users
- Functional teams (i.e. Information Technology, Global Business Services)
- Create/manage site standard for SAP PM and MM data, manage/report data integrity anomalies and drive improvement.
- Provide end user training, create/maintain training/user guides.
- Partner with Global IT, Shared Services, and business stakeholders to solve master data concerns, Data Governance & Quality.
- Acting site SAP resource for application testing and shepherding enhancement/break-fix requests.
- Provide backup/support to other team members, performing day-to-day activities for SAP integrated systems TRACK, Barcoding.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business, Information Systems OR High School Diploma with related work experience (minimum 5 years) required.
- 5 years experience managing and administering SAP Materials Management (MM), Plant Maintenance (PM) and master data in production environment, preferably in the oil & gas industry or like manufacturing industry.
- 5 years experience with maintenance cycles (planning & execution) in a production environment, preferably in the oil & gas industry or like manufacturing industry.
- 3 years experience with Microsoft software, like Excel and Access.
- Strong attention to detail, high data quality standard, and the ability to discover, cleanse and relate data across disparate sources.
- Strong written/verbal communications, customer service and technical writing skills.
- Proficient in identifying gaps and recommending solutions/improvements based on business requirements/processes.
Maintenance Master Data