Responsible for all aspects of standard field project controls functions including, but not limited to, progress measurement (engineering and construction), expenditure reporting, delay reporting and analysis, manpower forecasting, change analysis, and interactions with the following teams: Projects Planning/Execution teams, Cost Engineering/Control teams, PSCM.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the construction planning team to ensure that field project controls documents such as construction schedules, resource histogram, reporting systems, commodity data base, material controls systems, etc are fully developed & implemented and that engineering & procurement activities are properly interfaced.
- Prepare the detail progress measurement system for construction commodity and construction progress S curves by using the COINS system or some other system deemed sufficient by BP management.
- Ensures contractors are meeting internal quality assurance measures in reporting progress and expended efforts, maintaining baseline integrity, and utilizing appropriate change management procedures.
- Support procurement in developing RFP's and contract language to manage risk and deliver successful projects.
- Determine the resource requirements and prepare manpower histogram.
- Monitoring progress of the construction work for timely execution of the project through daily/ weekly/ monthly reports with respect to review of the overall project.
- Progress monitoring on a regular basis and assist the PM/PFM/PE/CM in the resolution of any problems, bottlenecks/scheduling conflicts.
- Review of the status continuously and keep the Construction Manager appraised of the progress and the areas needing attention for schedule adherence, recovery plans and risk mitigations.
- Provide direction to the execution and planning teams in formulating overall execution plans which will satisfy the interest of overall project completion.
- Close coordination/ follow up of sub-contractor in implementing the work schedule and monitor progress of the work for timely execution of the project.
- BBA Finance or Business, BS Construction Management/Construction Engineering, BS Engineering or 10 years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project controls systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with stage-gated project execution processes.
- Understanding of Front End Loading concepts, engineering, and project development.
- Demonstrated capability to manage multiple projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Strong organization, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of database applications, e.g., MS access, Track, MS Excel (pivot tables, macros, and spreadsheets).
- Knowledge of progress measurement systems and methodology.
- Use of P6 for measuring project performance.Knowledge of EVM (Engineering and Construction).