BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Estimator is a critical member of the Projects and Turnaround team at the Cherry Point Refinery. As the Estimator, you will be responsible for all aspects of standard estimating functions including estimate assurance, cost benchmarking, estimating at all project phases, and interactions in support of the Projects and Turnaround teams. In this role you will collaborate with the Project and Turnaround Planning team, Process Development, Procurement, Construction, and Contracts. Additionally, you will play a significant role in the development and transition to Integrated Site Controls.
- Estimating - provide Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM), Conceptual, and Detail estimates to on site project and turnaround teams
- Estimate Assurance - provide assurance to total project cost estimates along with auditing contractor and engineering estimates
- Champion scope development best practices and fit-for-purpose estimating techniques
- Local Cost Benchmarking - Maintain historical cost database and apply learnings for improved project performance
- Ability to support / facilitate Monte Carlo type cost risk assessments
- Develop & maintain Estimating tools, procedures and guidelines
- Support External (IPA) Benchmarking Exercises
- Support Business Development / Portfolio Management Team
- Monitor group performance against realistic targets to ensure that objectives and KPI's are met
- Utilize the local cost database to measure performance of projects
- Field Verification Checks - able to audit construction and validate installed quantities
- Identify, analyze and respond to project opportunities, risks, and uncertainties.
- Ensure compliance with BP Published Guidelines and Common Process as it relates to controls
- Encourage multi-discipline teamwork.
- Support team with stage gated process and deliverables
- Work with Project Team resources to complete all closeout requirements, including lessons learned exercises.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in estimating in Process Plant Industry
- Effective Communication Skills
- Knowledge and application of Stage Gate Processes
- Experience in AspenTech software is strongly desired
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)