Location: UK - Aberdeen
Job Status: Permanent
Open To: EU National or UK Work Permit Holder
Job Overview: A dynamic innovative software Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a Sales Account Manager to promote and drive sales growth across their existing client base and in the development of new clients in the UK. You will take responsibility for identifying and developing relationships with key stakeholders across your accounts and expanding the Company's business opportunities. Applicants are invited with experience in selling software applications, preferably within the geoscience or reservoir engineering arena. Where reservoir domain knowledge is lacking, you will be supported by the Technical Team, obtain full training in the technologies, and be supported and mentored. The key to the role is the ability to close sales and provide effective account management. It is a great time to join a fast growing organisation that is making momentous in-roads and to realise a high financial reward.
The Company was established to provide next-step-change-technologies, which they have succeeded in doing. Their reservoir simulation technology is fast becoming a game changer, reducing engineer's time exponentially from more traditional established tools. The technology exceeds expectations of most, providing high performance computing power (i.e. workstations, clusters, cloud), rich modelling functionality, advanced visualisation interfaces and most importantly smart and attractive pricing structures to meet the varying needs and budgets of clients. The software also covers all subsurface domains for a full integrated technology in subsurface studies.
Smart technologies that greatly reduce time and costs have been highly evident in the upstream industry in recent years. By taking advantage of the continuous progress in computing technologies, this Company are delivering simulation tools designed to ensure continuous improvements in performance across the reservoir engineers' laptops, servers, and HPC clusters.
The Company has offices in Russia, US, UK, Malaysia, China, Canada and elsewhere, with Aberdeen being their main headquarters.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Become knowledgeable in the Company's technologies and associated services. Full training provided.
- Understand the challenges and drivers within the market and how the Company's reservoir simulation tools can help address these.
- Manage a portfolio of existing client accounts – become the go-to-person for all queries.
- Develop strategies to generate new business across existing and new clients.
- Seek out and build good working relationships with the key players across your accounts (e.g. geoscience, engineering, commercial, legal, IT) – provide presentations, arrange meetings, co-ordinate evaluations, lunch and learns etc.
- Work closely with the Technical Support Team – in organising high level technical visits to clients, product evaluations, feedback on technology advancements, challenges faced by clients….
- Manage sales targets and reporting effectively – strive to succeed targets.
- Work with marketing to help develop strategies to build, promote, and drive the awareness and reputation of the Company and technologies.
- Be proactive in participating in local/regional industry events – workshops, conferences, lectures, exhibitions, lunch and learns…
- Build good working relationships with your peers and across the wider company organization.
- Seek out and build good working relationships with the key players across your account – become the go-to-person for the Company's solutions. Be proactive in building contacts across all sectors involved in their Oilfield Life Cycle (e.g. geoscience, engineering and drilling, commercial, legal, financial...)
- Keep abreast of new reservoir technologies and digital solutions in the market – become competent discussing these with clients with the ability and confidence to highlight advantages of the Company's solutions.
The Company seeks a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual who wishes to further develop their business career within the reservoir technical domain. With a flat organisation structure, friendly team, there is great scope to advance your commercial and technical skills and for career progression.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in an earth science, engineering or business related subject preferred but not essential.
- Experience selling software applications in the Oil & Gas Industry is essential
- Demonstrable ability to close sales and manage accounts effectively.
- Proficiency in industry standard reservoir simulation/subsurface software highly advantageous.
- An understanding/practice of consultative sales highly advantageous
- A keen interest in technology and its deployment across organisations essential.
- The aptitude to grasp changing technologies quickly and the ability to engage, champion the benefits and influence sales desired.
- Strong client facing skills – ability to engage, win trust and articulate the sales proposition in a coherent and friendly manner is key.
- Highly pro-active – can work independently and effectively across many peer groups – e.g. marketing, sales, technical support….
- An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to drive revenue, and build reputation and awareness across your region.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach – can leverage existing strengths and react and lead in dynamic market conditions.
- Fluent in spoken and written English essential.
- Ambitious with a keen drive to exceed expectations and develop ones career.
- Willing to travel.
Package: An attractive Base Salary plus a Commission Plan will be offered dependent on skills and experience. In addition, Company benefits provided.
To apply for this job:
- Go to the website www.working-smart.co.uk, select 'Oil and Renewable Energy Jobs' and “Review Job” and “Apply”. If not registered, please do so. Make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title/reference and enclose your CV and Cover Note. Our preference is for the above process as this email may take longer for review.
- Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
Copyright © Working Smart 2018
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action and a minimum $5000 fee will apply.