I have a need for a Director of Operations for a large Oil and Gas Operator in the Midland/Odessa area and thought you may potentially be interested. Please see the full details below.
Position: Director of Operations
Type: Permanent Position
Benefits: Competitive 401k, Health, Dental and Vision packages.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver on strong site health, safety and environmental performance every day. Has authority to obtain all resources necessary to minimize environmental impact
- You will use your advanced leadership abilities and manufacturing experience to safely and efficiently fabricate high-quality gas processing vessels and other equipment to deliver to our customers
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, make sound decisions and work effectively in a team environment
- Through collaboration with cross functional teams, you will prioritize workload, drive continuous improvement, and increase productivity while adhering to all safety standards
- Maintains a current working knowledge of regulatory and company operating requirements and coordinates activities with regulatory agencies, other company departments, customers, the General Manager, and Senior Management
- Direct performance to meet or exceed all safety, budgetary, and efficiency goals and commitments and ensures alignment with corporate goals, including the Operational Excellence initiative
- Ensures alignment with corporate, business unit, region, and division goals and objectives
- Develops and stewards manager/employee development to meet changing staffing need for operations
- Coordinates, prepares or maintains various reports, records, and other documents concerning maintenance and operations issues, expense management, safety & regulatory compliance, and employee administrative issues
- Promotes and stewards division operations & maintenance budgets. Oversees and administers approved budgets
- Actively promotes all Corporate and HR initiatives and ensures compliance in all recruiting, promotional opportunities and in the discipline process
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering or Operations Management
- Minimum of 5 years management experience (including Manufacturing Leadership experience)
- Minimum of 10 years of thorough working experience/knowledge in gas treating equipment manufacturing and fabrication operations, basic hydraulics, metallurgy and welding procedures, regulatory compliance standards, contract administration, quality control, and emergency response/ incident command
- Experience in Six Sigma and Lean Enterprise methodologies
- The regular work environment is typically in an office. However, work will often require the director to be outside at facilities and exposed to extreme heat, cold and inclement weather, 10%-25% may involve computer related activities
- Work inside and outside and occasional travel to headquarter offices in Houston as required.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.