If you are interested in playing a role in maintaining the communications infrastructure, which was established to monitor the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, track international terrorists and drug traffickers? Look no further, as a Network Engineer supporting the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), you get to play a role in doing all the above and much more. This job is important, and every server you touch, every install you support, and every configuration change you execute, all is tied to something bigger. It is tied to keeping your families safe, and it is ultimately connected to supporting the NRO, our primary customer. The NRO is a Department of Defense Organization that provides global communications and reconnaissance information to U.S. forces to support the war on terrorism and other continuing operations. If being a System Administrator supporting the NRO sounds exciting see the below position, and apply today.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Manages Site Comms Processor (SCP); Automated Message Handling Systems Secure Message and routing Terminal; XML Information BUS; Information Transfer System; and the SMC Helpdesk customer message queues.
- Manages error correction and troubleshooting for undelivered messages
- Responsible for managing SOCOMM and the Autodin Customer Information Database (CID)
- Ensures customer information databases are up to date and synchronized
- Oversees SOCOMM and AUTODIN Contingency Plans Update Master Lists; coordinate scheduled CCRP and COOP testing
- Coordinates with users and other organizations to establish cause and result for after action reports for message anomalies
- Performs AUTODIN; AMHS backups; daily partial backups and weekly full backups.
- Provides technical assistance to customers in support of complex secure message and data networks by managing message platform connections.
Must have current TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
Must possess appropriate current DOD Information Assurance (IA) certification to be considered for employment; i.e., CompTIA Security+CE, or CCNA-Security
Must attain the required DOD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification within six (6) months of hire date
Experience with ITIL Incident Management processes Benefits of this Position:
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.#ISDCJ#DPOST#ZRPOSTGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
Network CCNA Security Clearance