Turnarounds, Projects and Maintenance/Reliability function is to sustain and develop the capability to:
- Deliver against TAR business plan commitments.
- Improve competitiveness of Turnarounds by driving the Front End Loading readiness and execution work processes/practices that define what good looks like and identify gaps that need to closed prior to execution.
- Support the FVC/businesses and Safety and Operational Risk (SOR) while driving continuous improvement and providing delivery assurance through Projects, Turnarounds and Maintenance teams, be positioned to directly support the Refinery BIP's.
The FEL Optimizer role will report to the FEL TAR Advisor Lead and will be the key regional position with accountability for supporting the delivery of the business plan for TAR's. The role is also key to advancing consistent performance improvement, increasing competitiveness and providing performance transparency.
The FEL Optimizer roles will be Whiting and Gelsenkirchen based and will be supported in the role by functional peer group managers for organizational capability in turnarounds and project controls. This role will coordinate with other Downstream Projects Advisors to integrate project and turnaround work processes/practices.
The following are essential job functions:
- Provide additional support for delivery of the business plan for Turnarounds
- Drive consistent FEL performance improvement in Turnarounds to increase competitiveness and improve predictability of outcome
- Provide transparency on Turnaround performance within their Regions
- Provide input for development and redeployment of the organizational capabilities to effectively manage and execute Turnarounds
- Provide input to your lead Advisor for PSCM in the development and implementation of effective procurement and contracting strategies
- Participate in the assurance and readiness reviews for the Turnaround events. Provide a report identifying gaps.
- Ensure SOR, technical and commercial front end input/analyses are involved for all Turnaround units
- Perform - reports monthly on the status of turnaround readiness and adherence to TAR Milestones
- Fully support the Downstream project community as a vehicle for driving continuous improvement and sharing best practices and TAR learning.
- Provide direct turnaround support during the discovery phase of turnaround execution.
Candidate should be able to demonstrate effective management and negotiation of complex contractual disputes
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or 10-15 years Turnaround experience.
Extensive project management and turnaround experience leading large complex events as well as managing multiple resources both owners and contractors
- Effective leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills across a broad range of stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly at the management level.
- Strong planning and organizing abilities, expert knowledge of industry turnaround organizations and organizational dynamics.
- Ability to quickly assess strengths and weaknesses in a turnaround organization and recommend necessary adjustments.
- Knowledge of industry standard turnaround planning and control systems and norms.
- Ability to assess and understand dislocations in baseline planning assumptions between cost, schedule and productivity.
- Knowledge of industry engineering and HSSE development processes and systems Ability to assess and understand opportunities to improve engineering and HSSE assumptions and approaches.
- Extensive experience in turnaround execution and contractor management.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and to handle competing demands with flexibility
- Strong broad business management experience with experience in Turnaround readiness and Turnaround execution.
- Record of driving closer integration between project and turnaround planning and management
Strong contracts management expertise, with a working knowledge of contracting strategies.