As the world's leading specialist provider of lubricant solutions, BP, Castrol is full of talented, restless minds that are committed to innovation and continually go beyond the conventional to meet new challenges. We put performance, pride and passion into everything we do, and every relationship. Those are the same qualities that we look for in our people.
Right now, we are looking to fill the vacancy of Technology Manager based at our site at Pangbourne near Reading. This role is responsible for supporting the deployment of our lubricant products within the Europe and Africa (E&A) region. The vacancy has arisen due to an internal move and will report directly to the E&A Technology Deployment Director.
This is an excellent opportunity to build on technology capability and develop commercial and functional knowledge of the lubricants business. It is a very dynamic role which provides an interface between technology development and the functions in the wider business, collating input required for new product development, deploying new products and supporting the products through technical support and customer engagement.
To be successful, you need:
- The ability to articulate complex technical messages into simple business strategies, or simple customer benefits, to a wide range of internal or external audiences.
- The ability to ensure that the technical requirements of the operating unit are captured in global product development programs and that technology gets the appropriate focus at the business level amongst a competing and dynamic agenda.
- The ability to network effectively cross functionally in support of the wider business growth agenda.
- The role also requires an understanding of the future technology agenda, how it can impact customer requirements and what future product technologies will be needed to address these emerging trends.
- The knowledge to provide best in class lubricants technical support & technology advocacy to automotive OEM's, customers and functions.
- The ability to work with Global Product Development & Marketing to deliver compliant, cost effective formulations, coupled with compelling support material to enable high impact product launches on time and in full in support of the lubricants growth agenda.
The successful candidate will be educated to honours degree level or equivalent in a technical subject (preferably Chemistry - Engineering).
We work to attract, motivate, develop and retain the best talent from the diversity the world offers - our ability to be competitive and to thrive globally depends on it. We believe success comes from the energy of our people, and creating an inclusive working environment where everyone can make a difference and give their best. BP, Castrol offers such an environment. Plus, you can expect state of the art facilities and a competitive remuneration package. Follow the link to view and apply.
- relevant and significant level of automotive experience
- knowledge of lubricant product development (formulation within a chemicals industry considered)
- ability to take complex, technical information and translate it into meaningful product offers and training for a wide range of audiences
- strong presentation and communication skills with a proven ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- strong networking and influencing skills
- good project management experience