Fueling and filling up wasn't always done at the same place. The folks at ampm saw things differently. The first stores opened in Southern California as tasty add-ons to select ARCO gas stations, and they made it easy to get refreshing drinks, hot foods and sweet treats. Today, ampm has over 1,000 locations covering the west coast. Inside, you'll find everything you need to customize a hot dog, mix a drink or put down a sweet tooth.
The Director of Trading and Offer Development role is responsible for all category management, merchandising, supply chain, and offer development activities for ampm convenience stores.
- Oversee all ampm category management/trading activities and performance including products, placement, promotions and pricing.
- Lead the development, testing and implementation of new ampm convenience store "refresh and growth" offers, formats, equipment and experiences to differentiate ampm from the competition. Responsible for identifying success criteria, implementing and managing pilot scope and performance, and upon successful pilot completion, implementing roll-out at scale across the network.
- Manage all aspects of development and implementation of a new food service offer (to include food, hot and cold dispensed beverages).
- Ensure safety of proprietary products though effective processes, management of products, suppliers, recalls and development of organizational capabilities.
- Evaluate and implement Supply Chain model options to support the offer strategy, enable enhanced buying opportunities & release incremental value.
- Manage supplier relationships to source / develop products and negotiate agreements to maximize category profitability.
- Utilizing consumer insights and working cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Suppliers, and Franchisees, develop offers, propositions and formats to profitably grow the business.
- Develop and implement short and long term category plans in support of strategic goals for the ampm offer.
- Accountable for growing store sales and profitability. Understand and communicate business results and recommend corrective action as needed.
- Develop and manage REVEX, CAPEX, Advertising Fund, and Manufacturer rebate budgets.
- Develop deep organizational talent in category management, offer development and supply chain.
- Management of a team including Category Management, Food Service Ops Excellence, and Supply Chain.
Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant business experience required.
- Experience working in a Consumer Products Goods (CPG) and/or Retail business required.
Trading & Category Management