The Engineering and Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall performance, direction, and execution of the maintenance activities within the Baltimore Lubricants facility. As the Engineering and Maintenance Manager, you will support and execute capital projects, and manage the integrity management program. You will collaborate with the rest of the Baltimore Leadership team on strategic programs and objectives in support of the goals of the Global Supply Chain (GSC) Function. You will focus on HSSE, Quality, Customer Service, and Cost (Value Creation) within the plant.
- Support and provide assurance of safe operations to ensure that we deliver on our promise that "Everyone goes home safely, every day - there is nothing more important that we do"
- Accountable for all Maintenance related activities including the maintenance of the equipment, project management, parts procurement, maintenance system management, and small project execution.
- Accountable for the management and sustainability of the region Integrity Management/Process Safety program.
- Overall responsibility for the design, planning and execution of plant capital projects.
- Develop and deliver annual maintenance budget/ operating plan for the plant maintenance accounts.
- Execute process driven Manufacturing Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing initiatives within the team. Engage the maintenance team on opportunities to reduce operating costs and improve equipment efficiencies.
- Support and engage on the development and safe execution of the in-year capital plan, as well as the strategic 5 year plan.
- Responsible for the development and upkeep of the weekly and daily control of work maintenance schedule.
- Lead, coach, develop and motivate maintenance plant personnel through the BP values and leadership expectations framework.
- Accountable for providing leadership and performance assessment, ensuring all direct reports receive the appropriate and necessary levels of training to successfully perform their jobs.
- Supports the local HSSE Coordinator to effectively and efficiently deliver and embed programs that support and ensure compliance with regulatory and GSC requirements.
- Ensure OMS is formally integrated into the engineering and maintenance processes and that the Performance Improvement Cycle drives prioritized continuous improvement in HSSE systems and processes based on systematic risk/ hazard evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with GSC Integrity Management requirements.
- Focus on creating a culture of customer centricity. Ensure internal and external customers are provided with the highest standard of quality product that meets all BP and industry regulations and requirements.
- Ensure attempts are made to add value to both internal and external customers and to continuously improve service relationships.
- Ensure frequent review and assessment of product hazards, process hazards and risks applicable to BP product performance
- Support plant quality initiatives.
- Participate in team initiatives and provide project management/maintenance support as needed.
- The Plant Engineer will be challenged to balance the requirements of cost, customer needs, service, and corporate requirements, without compromising HSSE or quality. Delivering on the above with all while maintaining a team that remains true to, and aligned with, BP Values is the key challenge faced by a Plant Engineer.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineer is required
- 5 years of experience in operations, maintenance or capital projects in a consumer packaged goods manufacturing environment
- Experience leading a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements