Engineering Design Lead needed to work on a 12 month contract working with engineering department of a fortune 1000 company in Perth.
- Supervise a team of multi-discipline engineers supporting the design activities conducted by the engineering contractor.
- Ensure timely review and approval of engineering deliverable and technical enquiries.
- Must have experience with engineering design during all phases of a capital project - scope development, FEED, detailed design, construction, and commissioning.
- Contribute to and review design activities, which includes PFD, P&ID development, equipment specifications and design, plant layout and generation of complete procurement and construction packages.
- Must be familiar with equipment (kilns, scrubbers, centrifuges, filter presses, pumps, pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, mixers, conveyors, dryers) used in the chemical processing industry.
- Must have direct experience will all the required aspects of plant design. Aspects include P&ID development, equipment specifications and design, plant layout, piping design, electrical design, and generation of complete procurement and construction RFQ packages.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with all pertinent standards, specifications, codes, and regulations.
- Must be able to travel as needed to support project activities.
- Ability to manage multiple activities with varied scope, schedule, priorities, and locations.
- Provide inspection of construction, during various phases, to ensure compliance with design and codes.
- Identify opportunity for improvement and develop solutions that improve the efficiency, quality, and speed of the mechanical design process.
- Zero injuries and incidents on assigned projects.
- Help support safe working conditions and safe work practices.
- Assist Project Manager in coordination of project activities
- Communicate effectively with the project team and with leadership to ensure success of the project.
- Design packages comply with applicable codes, standards, and best practices for process plant design.
- Design activities are completed in accordance with the project schedule and budget.
- Design packages must be complete (contain all required sections) and have the required quality in order to minimize field change orders.
- Continuous improvement in procedures, tools, standards, and team performance.
- Participate in contract negotiations for Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Construction Management as required for capital projects.
- Identify, communicate and execute cost reduction opportunities.
- Assist in Contractor, Subcontractor, and Vendor Reviews and Audits
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in capital projects, preferably in the Chemical, Petrochemical or Oil and Gas industries
- Proficient User of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to participate and lead in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of leadership internally and externally.
- Ability to ensure acceptance by other departments within the organisation (stakeholder management skills).
- Excellent written/verbal/presentation communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
If this role sounds ideal for yourself or someone you know please get in touch by clicking 'APPLY'