Our client who are a large player in the Development, Utilities and Renewable's sectors are looking to add talent to their Civil's team in their fantastic Edinburgh office.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with limited supervision, preparing technical design information (including 3D models) and written inputs to technical reports to deliver engineering solutions for a range of projects. The work will cover sections of infrastructure, earthworks, remediation, surface drainage, SUDS and sewerage.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate that they are a quick learner, with proven initiative to work within a team; be a good communicator with good organisation skills. Relevant industry experience should be demonstrable, with direct emphasis on 3D modelling for civil engineering or other related construction/environmental activity. Knowledge and/or experience of working within a BIM environment with Civil 3D is desirable. Commercially aware and with a willingness to own their own workload the ideal candidate will have a personal commitment to work to tight deadlines while under pressure.
- Civil Engineering qualification or a related discipline. (HND/HNC or equivalent or working towards).
- Experienced in the use of Auto CAD Civils 3D, incorporating Ground Modelling, Drainage and Infrastructure Modelling.
- High standard of written English, highly proficient with the use of Microsoft Office suite including, Excel and Word.
- Experience in the production of infrastructure design packages & drawings.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and sketches
- Good understanding of design procedures, change control, checking and review.
- Experience of working in collaborative design team/environment.
- Holds CSCS Card
- Experience in the use of other design software packages such as Microdrainage, MapInfo, ArcGIS.
- Experience of preparing formal reports and correspondence.
- Experience in the production of engineering calculations.
- Experience in the preparation of details for drafting by others.
- Knowledge of NPPF, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations.
- Experience of the housing and development markets and a broad background in providing support to the process of land development.
- Experience of site works and construction phases of projects.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Flood Risk Assessments, private and adoptable drainage design (S104/S106), adoptable road design (S38/278), detailed earthworks modelling, design of infrastructure for large scale industrial/commercial facilities.
- Technician Member of ICE (or working towards) or related Institution.
Civil, Construction, CSCS, Design, DRAINAGE, Environmental, EXCEL, FEASIBILITY, Production, Renewable, Residential, site, Software, Technician, Utilities