Renewable Power & Energy Mix
15 - 17 June 2020, Singapore
Book by 10 April and save up to $500
In increasing parts of the world, renewable power sources – particularly solar and wind – are now the cheapest way to generate electricity. This, combined with being crucial mechanisms by which to lower the carbon emissions of energy systems, means they are also the fastest-growing supply of new power generating capacity. It is vital that anyone involved in electricity systems, from new power project developers to incumbent utilities, investors and policymakers, has a thorough understanding of how renewables are impacting the energy mix and the wider power business.
In particular, the transition away from conventional thermal generators towards renewable ones has profound implications for how power systems are designed, operated and policed – on a variety of timescales from sub-second management to long-term capacity planning. These in turn create both new market opportunities and significant businesses risks within the sector, not just for those involved in system-wide aspects such as the grid or policy, but for those involved in individual project development too.
In three intensive and informative days, this course explains and illustrates the key impacts of renewable power integration into modern energy systems, based on global lessons and examples. Most importantly it provides attendees with a market assessment framework and recommended approach to identifying and quantifying how these integration challenges change the specific new opportunities and risks facing their own businesses.
Benefits of Attending
- Learn from global experiences in renewable power project development and integration
- Understand how technical challenges translate into financial and business opportunities
- Illustrate key system impacts such as investment requirements, energy costs and capacity margins using simple quantitative models
- Analyse and discuss evolving value chain roles, partnerships and competitors
- Assess the market potential for solutions such as energy storage, virtual power plants and smart grids
- Gain an insight into the influences of market liberalisation and policy shifts
Who Should Attend
- Renewable power project developers
- Power plant owners and operators (utilities and IPPs)
- Transmission/Distribution system operators
- Policymakers and policy advisors
- Investors, including commercial and development banks, venture capital and private equity
- Vendors & EPC contractors
- Large energy users
- Commercial energy-sector services suppliers (law, insurance etc.)
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.
To register/enquire on this course, please contact:
Infocus International Group
Tel: +65 6325 0352 | Email: james[at]infocusinternational.com
Date of Event
15 Jun 2020Renewable Energyenergy mixinvestmentenergy storagesmart gridPowerEnergyTransition
09 Jun 2020
SG 03 Nov 2020
Johannesburg GP ZA 21 Sep 2020
SG 30 Jun 2020
SG 25 Aug 2020