Mastering Renewable & Alternative Energies
Dates & Locations:
4 – 7 September 2018, Johannesburg
6 – 9 November 2018, Singapore
The course is designed to provide clear, independent and business-focused guidance on market opportunity and risk to those deploying, investing in or regulating renewable power projects.
It is presented in language suited to non-engineering commercial executives and investors, so no prior knowledge is assumed or required. Presented throughout in an interactive and market-focused way, the course connects the multiple market environment factors that need to align in order that renewable power can scale up and integrate: from the business, system and policy environment to the project development processes, finances, risks and returns.
Over 4 days, attendees will be led from the global picture and trends through to the variables impacting the success (or failure) of individual projects and the integration of large amounts of renewable energy into individual power markets. This market analysis approach recognises that the sustainable growth of any renewable power business requires the balancing of interconnected and potentially conflicting requirements, including reliable service, investor returns and public/political acceptance.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the competitive dynamics, market environments, project risk factors and integration challenges associated with the large-scale transition to renewable power
- Understand the key market and business environment requirements for the sustained growth of renewable power
- Examine the development process, investment requirements and economic risks and returns for renewable power projects
- Review current and emerging solutions to large-scale renewable power integration
- Develop an integrated approach to combining financial, technological and socioeconomic factors in renewable power market analysis
- Converse with project partners, suppliers or investors
- Know what to look for when evaluating long-term, sustainable renewable power market opportunities
- Identify key investment, project development and policy risks
- Learn how to identify, analyse and critique competing market solutions
The agenda will combine presented materials with plenty of opportunity for Q&A, interactive discussions, and the use of quantitative models to illustrate key learning points. Current market examples and data are utilised wherever relevant.
Who Should Attend
- Power Generators (Utilities / IPPs)
- Government Regulators
- Investors, including Commercial and Development banks, Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Renewable Energy Project Developers
- Commercial Services Suppliers (Law, Insurance etc)
- Transmission / Distribution System Operators
- Conventional Fuel Companies (Oil & Gas, Coal)
- Large Energy Users
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.
To register / enquire more details, please contact:
Infocus International Group
Tel: +65 6325 0351 | Email: vincs [at] infocusinternational [dot] com
Date of Event
04 Sep 2018Renewable EnergyRenewable Energy Generationrenewablesalternative fuelsbiofuelbiofuelsbiocrudebiomassGeothermalhydro powersolar powerwind powerFossil Oil & Gasfossil fuelCrudeEnergyPowerOil and GasOil & Gas2017Sustainable EnvironmentEnvironmentEnvironmentally FriendlysustainabilityInfocus Internationaltrainingtraining and developmentcourseworkshopjohannesburgSouth Africa
Johannesburg GP ZA 17 Sep 2018
23 Apr 2018
Perth WA AU 19 Mar 2018
Singapore SG 09 Jul 2018
Johannesburg GP ZA 20 Feb 2018